Books!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It SUCKS.

He sucks, she sucks, they suck.

My son has decided that he no longer wants to take a paci, rather he wants to use me. So there we are, for what seems like all day, with him sucking the life out of me. Seriously.

He can be in a great mood, but when he gets sleepy he wants to nurse until he goes to sleep even, if he's not hungry. This poses a problem with his reflux because he's overeating, which makes his stomach hurt, which makes him want to suck more.

I know he does it for comfort, and I love that I'm able to provide that for him like no one else. But I have things to do. I have a house that needs to be cleaned, dishes that need to be washed, laundry that needs to be done, and homework that needs to be turned in. Not only am I a mother, I'm a wife and a full-time student too. As if all of this isn't hard enough to do, now he wants to stay on me constantly as his pacifier.

There's nothing I enjoy more than our feeding times. The way his big eyes stare into mine and his soft little hands rub my chest, it makes my heart melt. But I can't keep being a paci.

I don't know how to get him back to a paci. I'm trying to hold one in his mouth until he takes it, and that works sometimes, but then sometimes he screams. He screams like someone is murdering him. Which they aren't. I am just murdering his feelings by not popping a boob in his mouth.

Anyway.

I can see this is going to be a war. Not a battle, but a war. This is going to be a long, tiring, ear-bleeding war.

I will update.

And as always, DON'T GIVE UP BREASTFEEDING! Even though I am venting about a giant annoyance brought on by breastfeeding, there is no way I would stop or take back the time we have.

So even if you are having super issues, don't freak out and don't give up. Stay milky, my ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment