Books!

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Change of heart

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. I've always loved getting dressed up and going out for a night of fun. When I was little, I loved trick or treating, then as I got older, I loved parties and haunted houses. So it was not surprise that I was super excited for Connor's first Halloween.

Except...

I think I'm more excited about Christmas.

It's weird, you know?

I just can't wait to decorate the house and see his reaction to all the lights. I really can't wait for him to see the Christmas tree because he loves things that shine. I can't wait to take him to see Christmas lights and bake cookies for Santa.

When you have kids, things in your life change that you never thought about before. My favorite holiday is one of them. Rather than watching horror movies every day in October (which I tried to do this year, but wasn't successful), I am ready to watch "The Santa Clause" and "Christmas with the Kranks."

I am more excited for my house to smell like sugar cookies and Christmas trees than I pumpkin spice. I am more excited to play with new toys than to eat candy (although I LOVE candy).

Don't even get me started on how excited I am to make Christmas cards.

Christmas is such a happy time for children. It's the season of joy and innocence. The reds, greens, and golden sounds of music are all things that make people happy, whether they want to be or not.
But more than anything, I just can't wait to see the wonderment on the face of my own miracle. The thought of his smile and that mind working to figure new things out makes me feel infinitely happier than I have ever been about Halloween.

Once again, my heart has changed and it's all due to a chunky, loud and smiling little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment